Re: New rules proposal...

Sir Lancealot <71774.2351@CompuServe.COM> writes:

> Do you like the new rules that are proposed for rally scoring in
> each game and I think it was 25 points to win in the first 4 games
> and 15 if it goes to the fifth.  Someone correct me if I got it
> wrong.

Yes.  Plus no cap on any of the games.

> I have mixed opinions about this.  I think the games will be quite
> fast and furious.  But at the same time sideouts seem to make the
> game have an interesting strategy and different type of momentum
> shifts.  I think rally scoring could either make some games go
> really really fast or it could have the opposite effect where some
> games might go into the 20 points and be very tough.  It will be
> interesting to see what happens though.

I'm not sure I've decided on this yet.  Last weekend, I worked a
juniors tournament using this new format, both as scorer and referee.
From the refereeing side, it didn't feel like the new format affected
individual game length very much.  Best 3/5 for tournament play is too
much per match, however.

On the scoring end...wow.  I think I quintupled my experience scoring
rally games by noon.  Rally scoring with juniors teams who have more
than 12 folks on their roster and seem to double-substitute every
other sideout...will surely make us all faster scorekeepers!  :-)

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."