RulesQ: Is this back-row block entry in the FAQ accurate?

Someone sent me email on a related subject, and I ran into this RSV
FAQ entry which seems inaccurate.  Any USAV or FIVB brass care to
confirm or deny my suspicions?

From http://www.volleyball.org/rsv_faq.html
2.  Can a backrow player block?
    No. And they don't have to contact the ball to get called for an
    illegal block.  Say your setter in a 6-2 releases and moves to the
    net for a set. However, the pass crosses the net where their 6'9"
    hitter unloads on this ripe fruit. Your middle blocker's recovered
    and gets a touch on the returning orb while the poor setter,
    standing next to the blocker, raises their hands to prevent the
    need for reconstructive surgery.  Tweet!! Backrow player guilty of
    participating in a composite block.

This last bit seems directly contrary to USAV indoor 19.1 Commentary
(for which there is no FIVB counterpart in rule 15) which states:

        To be considered a blocker, the player(s) must reach above the
        net sometime during the effort.

As I read it, if the back-row setter never sticks his paws above the
height of the net, he can't be called for a back row block, even if
he's standing next to one or more blockers who complete the block.

TIA for any clarification...especially if I've had a bit too much
eggnog on this one, or overlooked a casebook entry.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."