Re: Usenetters at the AVCA convention...

joe.arkin@mail.mei.com writes:
> I really think an organized meeting with the topics I suggested
> would be a helluva lot more productive -AND FUN- than just a social
> event.  I've found actually meeting people I've come to know from
> the 'net to be a bit awkward at first.  Given a *classroom*
> environment with an agenda, this event will come off more like a
> seminar where expectations of participants are quite a bit different
> than just meeting together somewhat aimlessly.  I don't mind leading
> such a group-type discussion because I have a fair amount of
> experience standing in front of large/small audiences giving
> lectures or directing classes/seminars.
>
> So?!  Waddaya REALLY think RSV?

An hour meeting w/ agenda would be a useful prelude to the social
activities.  It'd give a shot at a "go around the room...who the heck
are ya?" round of self-introductions that will make everyone a bit
more comfortable.

Round-table discussion is a natural form of ice breaking for a group
of USEnuts.  Imagine, expressing opinions without having to hit the
F)ollowup key first?  8-P

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."