Re: service reception rule change (beach/outdoor/local rules)

"rudy" <rudy@nospamiw1.net> writes:

> Todd -
>
> OK, am I totally misunderstanding this? I thought the original
> question referred to overhead passing, ie, a beach dig, using the
> heels of the hands or the fists or the palms, NOT the fingers. I
> have always used the phrase beach dig to refer to any dig performed
> above shoulder level, with two hands.

Actually, the original poster did not define an "overhead pass."  I've
seen volleyball coaches use "overhead pass" as a fancy synonym for
"set" I tried to answer in a general fashion to cover both
cases--finger action and no finger action.