Re: size of pro court

dthurman6@aol.com (DThurman6) writes:
> I need to know the size of a pro-VB court for the sand court, width
> depth of sand things like that, if you can help please e-mail me at
> davidpt@usa.net

Welcome to rec.sport.volleyball.  Your questions on court size are in
the frequently asked questions list:

        http://www.volleyball.org/rsv_faq.html

Sand court info:

Here's a volleyball magazine article on building sand courts:
        http://www.volleyballmag.com/aug95/court.htm

But, this article by John Kessel is even better:
        http://www.xnet.com/~schneid/vball.shtml

Court dimensions are 9m x 18m  or 29' 6" x 59'.

Net height is 7' 11 5/8" for men.  7' 4 1/8" for women.  Co-ed
competition is played on a men's height net.

Sand depth by the rulebook must be at least 30cm (12")

(BTW, it's bad netiquette to jump into a newsgroup, ask a frequently
asked question, then request an email response.  Ah, AOL.  Check out:
        http://www.netannounce.org/news.announce.newusers/
)

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."