Re: Net System Recommendations

Russ Simmons <crs@up.net> writes:

> We are moving into a new high school next year and our Athletic Director
> is asking us for recommendations as far as what net system to order.  We
> are familiar with the Schelde system, however I know there are others
> out there.
>
> What one would you recommend and why?

As a player, I really like the Senoh net systems.  They're (as another
poster said) indestructable, and can be set up for extremely tight
unbelievable net play.

<rant>
As a referee, I am not a fan of their patently lame referee stand
design.  It relies on friction alone (a clamp that wraps around the
pole and tightens with a large T-shaped bolt) to support the weight of
the referee and to keep the platform level.  At 160lbs, I'm not
exactly the heaviest ref out there..and I've found that it just plain
doesn't work--no matter how much you tighten the clamp.  I've started
carrying an old bent exhaust valve with me to stick into the holes
underneath the clamp to give me some limit on "how low can ya go."
This may not sound like a big deal, but if you spend a tournament on a
platform sloped even 5 degrees downward, your lower back will let you
know about it.
</rant>

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."