Straightening out rec departments (was: Rotation after first sideout)

Thanks all for the responses.  As I suspected, this is an old NF rule.
I broke down and bought my first NF rulebook last year, and hence
missed the "before" picture of the change!  Now, everyone rotates on
every sideout. :-)

joe.arkin@mail.mei.com writes:

> <climbing on the ol' pulpit> People ... vb enthusiasts, Buy your local public
> school rec dept a copy of the USAV rule book and donate it to the volleyball
> director every year.  Help forward adult vb in your area! Most of these
> leagues profess the use of *USVBA* rules (which tells you how far behind the
> times they really are as USVBA disbanded after the 1993-94 season and USA
> Volleyball [USAV] was born).

I've been spreading this mantra here as well.

FWIW, if you are interested in spreading the USAV creed in your area,
contact your local USAV RVA for old rulebooks.  USAV Great Lakes has
been very supportive of me in this regard.  Furthermore, a certain
USAV director of grass roots development was kind enough to give me a
full box of 72 old (96-87) rulebooks for the paltry cost of UPS
shipping.  I've been giving these to recreation departments in my
area.  Players and recreational referees alike have been very
appreciate as it's often the first rulebook they've ever put their
hands on.

My first step towards becoming a referee began a few years ago when I
got a free (albeit old) copy of the USAV rules from the Austin
Recreation Center.

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."