Re: Possible Net Violation?

peglarr@nsc-bridge.network.com (Rob Peglar) writes:

> Using USAV rules, both outdoors (15.3.3) and indoors (16.4.2) such contact with
> the post is not a fault.
>
> Also, if the post (or other game equipment) fails during play, the play is
> stopped and a playover declared, per outdoors (21.2, 25.2.5) and indoors (22.2,
> 26.3.1.5)

Rob,

I'm curious...what did the ROTGC have in mind when they added the
"provided such action does not interfere with play" clause to 15.3.3
and 16.4.2.

Seems to me that if the contact causes the net to fail, then you
surely have interfered with play.

USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."