Re: Brine Beach Net Systems

"Michael P. Chu" <mpc@interaccess.com> writes:

> I'm in the market for a net system for use at the beach, and I'm
> particularly interested in the Brine pro system shown in the Spike
> Nashbar catalog.  I can't find the system anywhere else.
>
> However, Nashbar's price is extremely high.... almost $400.
>
> Does anyone know other vendors who might sell the same Brine net set for
> less?  Any recommendations for an alternative (read: less expensive, yet
> stable and well-built) brand ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Here's a good net system comparison done by MD Bertz:

        http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/equipment/net-review.html

Spike Nashbar has a lowest price guarantee--if you do find it cheaper
elsewhere, Spike will match the price.  If they have it for $400, it's
somewhat unlikely that you'll find it (much) cheaper elsewhere.

If you're okay spending $300 or so the niftiest net system I've seen
is the Cobra:

        http://www.cobravolleyball.com

It uses no guy wires--you pound sleeves into the ground at an angle
with a sledgehammer.  The poles slid into these sleeves, then the
poles flex at this outward angle to give great net tension without guy
wires, sand anchors or any of that stuff.  Have a look.

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."