Re: beach volleyuball court Dimensions wanted

robear769@aol.com (Robear769) writes:

> I' a program director for a recreation department.  I'm interested in putting
> in a beach volleyball court and need some assistance on the dimensions needed
> and where I can find outdoor equipement.  If anybody could be of assistance
> please email at Robear@aol.com
> I appreciate any information
>
> Rob

You can find the beach volleyball international rules here:
        http://www.fivb.ch/Beach/BVBRules/BVBRules.html

In the US, the AVP men's pro beach tour uses a 30' x 60' court.  USA
Volleyball and the FIVB (the rest of the world, that is) use a 9m x
18m court.

Here's a volleyball magazine article on building sand courts:
        http://www.volleyballmag.com/aug95/court.htm

But, this article by John Kessel is even better:
        http://www.xnet.com/~schneid/vball.shtml

Best Regards,
USAV Regional Referee, Great Lakes Region, Palatine, IL
Todd's Volleyball Referee Page http://www.io.com/~tdh/vball/
"So you're a Ref and an engineer? Oh that explains it...."